feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Talking about jane kya baat hui with sanjit bedi

Labels: ,

Sanjit Bedi’s glad that his new show Jaane Kya Baat Hui defies the rules of a usual soap

Are you shooting for your new show Jaane Kya Baat Hui in this turmoil?
Yes, despite the fact that the mood on the sets is very grim. It feels sad, but we have no choice since the industry has already suffered tremendously due to the strike. We were shooting that day when we heard the news; we abandoned everything and sat in front of the TV set to watch the news.

What is the storyline?
The story is that of a married couple, played by Shweta Tiwari and me. It addresses issues pertaining to marital relationships that the society must raise-the difference in societal rules for the husband and the wife. The show has a feel good look to it and the production standards are also better than what we have been seeing all this while. In fact, the producers have made an effort to keep at bay every element that viewers complain about in soaps.

And your character?
I play the husband whom I think people might hate. But the character isn’t as bad; he does love his wife. In fact, I am really excited about the role for it is very different from whatever I have done till now. The best part is that no one plays the lead in Jaane; it’s an ensemble cast and the focus is on everyone.

None of your shows after Sanjeevni did as well.
Saathiya was a great show but was lost since it was on Sahara channel. I think people liked me in Thodi Zameen aur Thoda Asmaan but it had to wrap up. But Vivaah right now is doing well. Maybe people were not able to look at me beyond Sanjeevni’s Omi, which is why they didn’t like me in intense roles.

Do you miss playing Omi?
Omi was so much fun. In fact, that character is what I aspire to be in real life. However, I don’t miss playing Omi because that phase is over for me and I have moved on. I left Sanjeevani because somewhere it veered away from the main plot and became run of the mill. And I returned when the plot became better.

What do you think of Dill Mil Gaye?
Dill Mil Gaye is a great sequel to Sanjeevni. Though I haven’t seen much of it, I am happy that Karan (Singh Grover) a part of it; is a dear friend. I am happy it’s doing as well and I often get nostalgic when I hear the Sanjeevani tune.





0 comments:

Post a Comment